twitter: @katro419 / @orangekath_ph /
will be on semi- hiatus.
Anonymous asked: Hi~ I was out of the loop for a while, can you tell me how M's solo promotions went? Did he win anything or any interesting/funny/sad incidents during promotions and so on? Thanks!
Minwoo’s solo promotions went okay. He only promoted for 3 weeks. He killed all his live performances and looked completely at ease on stage. He didn’t win any awards though but that’s not surprising. There was no way he was going to win against artists like Girl’s Day and Soyou & Junggi (who have really strong digital scores) or groups like DBSK and B.A.P (who have strong album sales and fan votes).
His album sales were low (~10,300 copies) which made me sad because I liked almost all the tracks. His last mini album in 2009 sold 13,000 copies so at least his sales didn’t fall too much despite the long gap in his solo promotions. For comparison, Rain only sold 35,000 copies of his album in 2014 and he has a much bigger fanbase than Minwoo does as a solo artist. Other than super popular groups whose fans buy in bulk, most artists just don’t sell many physical copies of their albums these days.
Minwoo didn’t go on many variety shows but I’ve listed a few interesting moments below. (Note: I got busy at work during the end of his promotions so I may have missed some important tidbits)
- He gave a shout-out to his male fans
- Some interesting excepts from a radio show
- Junjin hung out in his waiting room (and I think danced during the rehearsal stage?)
- His message to SHCJ at the end of his Taxi promotions
- He revealed what Shinhwa had been doing during their break
- He talked about having a joint wedding with the other members
- He was chosen to be a dance master on season 2 of Dancing 9
- He filmed “Laws of the Jungle” in Brazil for a few weeks (the show will air in mid-May)